|Boom the Poing Poing|
|Previous Issue:||The Mystery Pods Must Go!|
|Following Issue:||Upside Down and Backwards|
A Goof-Off day begins with a visit of the Pod'l'pool Cuties to Professor Garbanzo's Fix-It Shop. Something's a little peculiar this morning, though. One of the beans is standing on her head and falling asleep while everyone else is waking up.
The Boom'r Band is at a loss. Nobody's bouncin' to their Good Morning Boom. They split up and go on a search for inspiration for a new boom.
One of the Boom'rs runs across Mr. Spook telling a story to the cuties. The sound of the Elusive Notworm poinging against Mr. Spook's Fork replacement captivates the Boom'r. The whole Band investigates the potential of the reet new sound. The regular instruments can't make that sound, and something new is needed: a Mystery Pod!
This does not please Mr. Spook. He warns the beans again of the perils of dangerous music. But this new music is not dangerous, and everyone joins in. The baby beans love the new hop. They're growing up.
Days later, the bean who's mixed up is still sleeping upside down. Proffy and Mr. Spook agree: she looks ripe for a Break Out!
Back-up story: Tales of the Goofy JerksEdit
Continued from the previous issue
The Goofy Jerks are discorporated, leaving them nothing but bundles of memories in battered hats. Their tu'ba'lu squib'r'ish flew off. The criminals were taken by Goofy Surveillance Jerks on the start of their journey to the Hatbox.
Continued in the next issue.
- Could part of Beanish's secret power be due to his headgear?
- Is the story of the tainted Pod'l'pool (in issue 15) an allegory of abortion? Mr. Marder responds that he did not have that in mind when he wrote it. [Duchamp: "The viewer is the one that makes the picture"]
- Proffy isn't jealous of Beanish's jump'n power.
- The Float Factor is reversible.
- What about recycling in the Beanworld?
- MOIETY: a division not based on social or physical standing.
- The baby beans are the first generation to grow up with the Boom'r Band providing music.
|Comics: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • ? and ! • Every Cutie Deserves A Toy!|