|Upside Down and Backwards|
|Previous Issue:||Boom the Poing Poing|
|Following Issue:||Beanworld Zero|
A Bean's been acting very strangely! She's sleeping upside down in the day, refusing food, and not going on chow raids. Some of the Beans wonder if she's going to break out. That night she petitions Gran'Ma'Pa for help and guidance.
The next morning, something strange comes from Gran'Ma'Pa and transforms the backward Bean into something new. She starts floating upward, still talking backward, and announces herself as Heyoka. She falls upward into the sky, leaving the Beanworld.
Back-up story: Tales of the Goofy JerksEdit
Continued from the previous issue
Back-up story: Tales of HeyokaEdit
Still falling upward, Heyoka passes through the Inspiration Constellation. Before she leaves, she is given a question and answer:
"How do you know what'cha don't know?" "Ya ask yer Aunt Petunia!"
In the meantime, Mr. Teach'm is giving an Influence and World Tour. They enter a Service Station, where Mr. Teach'm explains how influences, Reproductive Propellant, and the Goofy Jerk delivery service work.
While Mr. Teach'm is talking with the local Goofy Jerks, Heyoka arives. She enters a bean-shaped influence and changes its shape, alarming the Goofy Jerks. Mr. Teach'm explains the Heyoka's habits and indicates that the Beanworld's stories are far from over.
- One reader speculates that Mr. Spook is a Hoi-Polloi. Mr. Marder says she's "so close to the answer you're almost standing on it (Emphasis on almost!)".
- Could Tales of the Beanworld be done for the blind, using Braille for text and raised impressions of the drawings?
- The thing that comes from Gran'Ma'Pa and changes the backward bean looks a lot like the Flip-Flop Tool in Issue 1.
- There's another advertising pun. It's the worst one yet.
- The parts of the Inspiration Constellation have meaning.
- The beings with Mr. Teach'm on his tour look suspiciously like the comic characters Megaton Man, Charlie Brown, and Krazy Kat.
- Mr. Marder has concealed at least three of his own inspirations in the drawings of this issue (not including the Inspiration Constellation). Can you find them?
|Comics: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • ? and ! • Every Cutie Deserves A Toy!|